Get your smile on the right track with preventive oral hygiene! At our dental office in Bolton, our dentists and hygienists offer oral exams, x-rays, teeth cleanings, and other preventive hygiene services.
Professional Dental Cleanings
Dental cleanings are performed by our registered dental hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include the following items:
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs) Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. In addition, x-rays also helps determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening Examines the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation Examines the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay Inspects all tooth surfaces for any tooth decays using different dental tools.
- Examination of existing restorations Inspects current fillings and crowns.
It is important to practice proper dental hygiene to prevent periodontal disease (gum and bone disease).
You can practice proper dental hygiene by visiting your dentist at least twice a year for teeth cleaning, as well as brushing twice a day, flossing at least once a day and maintaining a healthy diet.